Friday, May 20, 2011

Provocative Phrase Friday - 12 Writing Prompts from Harper's Magazine

Continuing with last week's theme of picking out writing topics from a magazine, I have the June 2011 issue of Harper's and I am plucking out provocative lines to inspire your writing. All of these lines were selected from letters, stories and ads within the first 30 pages of the issue, and I didn't look very hard for them. Now take them and bounce them in a different direction.
History of Magazines
Provocative Phrases for Friday, May 20th, 2011:
  • It's time...
  • Just for fun, let's take our...
  • Then again, I could be wrong.
  • On my eleventh birthday...
  • I'd been a high school freshman for a month when...
  • That was everyone's reaction when I...
  • Hear the buzz?
  • Don't you have something better to do?
  • Are you ready to change...
  • If you really, truly believe in Jesus...
  • What in the hell is wrong with you?
  • I don't know what Jeff did.

No comments: