Friday, October 14, 2011

Provocative Phrase Friday - Love is NOT all that you need + 99 other prompts

Funny argument
Courtesy of Nathan Rupert via Flickr
This has been a crazy past couple of weeks and I completely forgot about last Friday's Provocative Phrase Friday writing prompts. But one of the reasons for the craziness was presenting a Creative Thinking for Creative Writers workshop at the Write-Now Workshop.

One of the exercises I had the group involved in was creating a writing topic pool.  They came up with 100 topics.  So to make up for missing last week, I'm giving you an extra 88 writing topics this week.  Enjoy:

  • A loose bull with horns in front of my car
  • A married man, who loves his wife, also falls in love with another, much different, woman
  • Aggressive helplessness
  • Aging well
  • Allergic to aspirin
  • Bedbugs in your hotel room
  • Before I ruined it
  • Bigfoot crossing a road at night
  • Blanket of flowers
  • Blue bumps
  • Brutalize
  • Bubblewrap
  • Cacophony
  • Can you cope?
  • Compound a lie
  • Coughing wheezing, like coffee grains in sand
  • Crush
  • Daily ritual
  • Dead flowers in the pretty vase
  • Destruction of the earth
  • Divided in two
  • Doing laundry on a Saturday morning, seeing endless piles of dirty underwear
  • Everyone has a story janitor who was a noted jazz pianist
  • Extemporaneous prestidigitation
  • Fetid
  • Finding alien roadkill
  • Flaming business cards
  • Flat tire on my way home from work
  • Friendly enemies
  • God made me do it! Becoming a sister.
  • Good stumbles
  • Hidden influence
  • Hide by standing out
  • Hilarious underachieving cousin becoming alcoholic
  • Hope: how to find it
  • Horny mom
  • Hypochondriac drama queen
  • I browse through dictionary
  • I wish I would have known that then
  • Identity theft
  • If I could have dinner with three people, living or dead, they would be…
  • If such a thing exists
  • Imaginary number
  • Immortality
  • It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
  • It's dead
  • Job interview – I pooped my pants right before
  • Judgment makes me angry
  • Juicy
  • Kill
  • Knock a girl off a bike to ask her out on a date
  • Lemon lips
  • Life in 144 characters
  • Living after the Great Depression – learning how to save, conserve, appreciate
  • Long eyelashes, porcelain, creamy skin and radiant hair
  • Lost my e-mail account
  • Love is not all you need
  • Meaning of life after 80
  • Meltdown
  • My beloved autistic niece
  • My special sister with mental retardation
  • Natural hair
  • Never
  • Never let go for my hearts sake
  • Not me
  • Obliterate
  • Old cat, Sore hips, can jump
  • Online school that trains students to be…
  • Only the vampires can save us from the aliens
  • Paranoia as a survival trait
  • Philosophy of everyday things
  • Plus size modeling
  • Regarding Steve Jobs: death as a way to clear the earth
  • Set fire to the trailer
  • Sitting in a room temporarily, surrounded by style and class and fashion that doesn't exist in your normal world, with light streaming in a bay window, bittersweet moment
  • Sleeping in a tollbooth
  • smash
  • Some people will never get there
  • Sovereignty
  • Speed karaoke
  • Strange shadows on the moon
  • Sunken vegetable garden
  • Swallowing my pride, I apologized for my cruel insult
  • Tarot card reader in a Western saloon
  • Tattoos
  • The putrid odor he emitted was incredibly offensive, almost arrogant
  • Three friends playing outside find an anthill and argue about what to do with it, how to treat it
  • Torture
  • TV is my muse
  • Tweet the life of your favorite character as the book progresses. For example: Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice
  • Ugly face
  • What am I supposed to do with my life?
  • What made me a criminal do it? Reasons behind the unreasonable the unthinkable
  • What makes a hero?
  • What might you achieve if you just believe in yourself
  • Why
  • Why did this happen, God?
  • Why does this seem normal?
  • You start hearing instructions and advice from a voice no one else can hear
  • You wake up in a strange bed in a foreign country, (you don't speak the language) and you have no idea how you got there

No comments: