|Courtesy of Peter Clark via Flickr|
So here are your Election Day related topics for Tuesday, November 8th, 2011:
- Write about the first time you voted.
- Have you ever run for office? For class president? Student Council? A local school board seat? Write about it. Did you win? Lose? What was the campaign process like?
- What are the qualities of a good elected official (at any level of government)?
- What are your political views? Be specific. Which ones are the most important when choosing to vote for one candidate over another?
- Where did you get your political views? Are they consistent? Or ever-changing?
- I have to admit that I get a kick out of some over-the-top, mudslinging political ads. I’ve always believed that I could really write one that was unbelievably bad, but yet, hilarious. Write an outlandish script for attacking an opponent or the “other side” of an issue. Have fun with it.
- Since politicians are typically reviled, why do you think anyone would choose to run for office?
- What do you see as ways that the existing political system in your area or country might be improved?
- What do you see as the role of government in your life now? What do you think it should be in an ideal world?
- Are you suspicious of government or think that it is necessary, and perhaps even beneficial , to the average person?
- Why do many people not want to discuss politics?
- If you could be the leader of your country, what would you do? How would you prioritize resources to make it happen?