Friday, April 22, 2011

(The Return of) Provocative Phrase Friday - 10 Writing Prompts

I discovered that one of the search terms for this blog is number one on Google: Provacative (yes, indeed, it is spelled wrong) so somehow I've managed to make not one but SEVERAL posts in the distant past with a misspelling in the title.  Yay me!

Anyway, I've decided to relaunch the Provocative Phrase Friday to provide my readers with thought provoking phrases or ideas to fire the imagination or attack a stubborn writing block.  This weeks phrases are those that I've cut out of various old magazines that I've picked up at library giveaways or I've subscribed to over the years.

So, here are the provocations for Friday, April 22nd:
  1. Now, a word about...
  2. You can't believe everything you hear.
  3. ... doesn't make much sense either...
  4. How you'll feel without...
  5. On the other side of the hallway...
  6. An expert at outrage...
  7. ... has a new look...
  8. I'm sorry for your loss.
  9. Dollar for dollar, it turned out to be a bargain.
  10. How I did it...

No comments: