Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Writing Topic Tuesday -- Books & Reading Edition

I've begun a Reading Elimination Tournament where I am taking 64 unread books off of my overloaded shelves and giving away the ones that I don't want to (or may never) read.  For details about the tournament and how you can get free books, check out The 15-Minute Writer: Reading Elimination Tournament -- 64 Books, So Little Time.

Since I'm thinking about books right now, here are my book/reading related writing topics for the week:
  • What is your favorite book of all time? How many times have you read it? What makes it your favorite?
  • What book are you reading right now? What do you think about it?
  • What is the worst book that you ever finished reading?  What kept you reading it?
  • If you could only select 5 books to take with you on a desert island, what would they be?
  • Write about your library or favorite bookstore.
  • How do you select a book that you buy?  Read reviews? The blurbs on the back cover or book jacket? Read the first chapter?

No comments: